Greetings OpenStack community,

Well, with PTG just around the corner, and the API-SIG portion of that just 4
days away, we elected to have a quick meeting today. The only topic we needed
to discuss was the results of our votes for the topics to cover on Monday. We
used an etherpad with the proposed topics [7], and edleafe compiled the results
here [8]. Since "microversions" appears in one of the topics, I'm sure we'll be
in discussions all day.

So if you will be in Dublin next week, the API-SIG is meeting all day Mondy.
Please join us!

As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the
meetings, there's also:

* The list of bugs [5] indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines [2] always need refreshing to account for changes
over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch [6] to
fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things
easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others [6].

# Newly Published Guidelines

None this week.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None this week.

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Add guideline on exposing microversions in SDKs
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/532814/

* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524467/

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service
discovery
  Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for
review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are
developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the
OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In
your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to
help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page
[4] and guidelines [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!