On 2/16/2018 7:54 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
Before I get to the meat of this week's report, I'd like to request
some feedback from readers on how to improve the report. Over its
lifetime it has grown and it has now reached the point that while it
tries to give the impression of being complete, it never actually is,
and is a fair chunk of work to get that way.

So perhaps there is a way to make it a bit more focused and thus bit
more actionable. If there are parts you can live without or parts you
can't live without, please let me know.

One idea I've had is to do some kind of automation to make it what
amounts to a dashboard, but I'm not super inclined to do that because
the human curation has been useful for me. If it's not useful for
anyone else, however, then that's something to consider.

-1 on a dashboard unless it's just something like a placement-specific review dashboard, but you'd have to star or somehow label placement-specific patches. I appreciate the human thought/comments on the various changes for context.

I don't think I'd remove anything. One thing to maybe add is work on the osc-placement plugin:

We did a grind through a bunch of those in Queens and made good progress on providing a minimal useful set of CLIs in osc-placement 1.0.0, so I'd like to see that continue, especially as deployments are upgrading to the point of needing to interact with placement from an ops perspective.