On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 03:28:57PM -0600, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Last week during the PTG the keystone team sat down with a few of the
> infra folks to discuss performance testing. The major hurdle here has
> always been having dedicated hosts to use for performance testing,
> regardless of that being rally, tempest, or a home-grown script.
> Otherwise results vary wildly from run to run in the gate due to
> differences from providers or noisy neighbor problems.
>
> Opening up the discussion here because it sounded like some providers
> (mnaser, mtreinish) had some thoughts on how we can reserve specific
> hardware for these cases.

While I like being called a provider, I'm not really one. I was more trying to
find a use case for my closet cloud [1], and was volunteering to open that up
to external/infra use to provide dedicated hardware for consistent performance
testing. That's still an option, (I mean the boxes are just sitting there not
doing anything) and I'd gladly work with infra and keystone to get that
working. But, if mnaser and vexxhost have an alternative route with their real
capacity and modern hardware, that's probably a better route to go.

-Matt Treinish

[1] https://blog.kortar.org/?p=380