On 03/07/2018 08:58 AM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
Hi all,

Per the identity-integration track at the PTG [0], I proposed a new oslo
library for services to use for hierarchical quota enforcement [1]. Let
me know if you have any questions or concerns about the library. If the
oslo team would like, I can add an agenda item for next weeks oslo
meeting to discuss.

Thanks,

Lance

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/unified-limits-rocky-ptg

Looks interesting.

Some complications related to quotas:

1) Nova currently supports quotas for a user/group tuple that can be stricter than the overall quotas for that group. As far as I know no other project supports this.

2) Nova and cinder also support the ability to set the "default" quota class (which applies to any group that hasn't overridden their quota). Currently once it's set there is no way to revert back to the original defaults.

3) Neutron allows you to list quotas for projects with non-default quota values. This is useful, and I'd like to see it extended to optionally just display the non-default quota values rather than all quota values for that project. If we were to support user/group quotas this would be the only way to efficiently query which user/group tuples have non-default quotas.

4) In nova, keypairs belong to the user rather than the project. (This is a bit messed up, but is the current behaviour.) The quota for these should really be outside of any group, or else we should modify nova to make them belong to the project.

Chris