On 02/27/2018 11:55 PM, Vitalii Solodilov wrote:
Hi folks!

I have a question about oslo_db "max_retries" option.
https://github.com/openstack/oslo.db/blob/master/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/engines.py#L381
Why only DBConnectionError is considered as a reason for reconnecting here?
Wouldn't it be a good idea to check for more general DBError?
For example, DB host is down at the time of engine creation, but will become
running some time later.

That sounds like it would result in a DBConnectionError since we would be unable to connect. Is that not the case, and if so what exception is raised instead?