On 03/09/2018 01:54 PM, Major Hayden wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm leaving my current role for a new opportunity and, unfortunately, this
> means I won't be as involved in OpenStack as much in the near future. I've
> spoken with our fearless OpenStack-Ansible PTL and I let JP know that I will
> resign from the core reviewers group immediately if I feel that I cannot meet
> the obligations of the role.
>
> With that said, the OpenStack community has been truly amazing. My first
> humble contribution[0] was a fix for broken glance tests back in 2011. I've
> done a little more since then and I'm proud to be a tiny part of what
> OpenStack has become today.
>
> I'd like to thank everyone who has reviewed one of my patches, fixed one of
> the bugs I created with my patches, and fixed the gate jobs that I broke with
> my patches. Thanks to everyone who has attended one of my talks at the
> Summits and thanks to everyone who has put up with my oddball suggestions at
> Design Summits, Forums, and PTGs. I have learned an *incredible* amount about
> OpenStack, Python, Linux, open source, communities, and how to be a better
> human.
>
> Thanks to the leaders of the OpenStack Foundation as well for their continued
> support. They have been excellent listeners and they took lots of time to
> consider my suggestions for improvements.
>
> I love you all and working in this community has been one of the best
> experiences in my professional career. :)

Hello Major,

I wish you all the best on your new adventure! It's been a real pleasure
working with you (virtually or during the PTG) fixing all sort of
strange bugs. I hope you will still find some time to come and fix
CentOS in OSA whenever necessary :)

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg