Hi Tim,

Thanks for the information.

I personally don't see problems with cleaning running weeks, when needed. What I'd avoid is replicating the same cleaning machinery but with a different name. I think we should try to make cleaning work for this case instead.

Dmitry

On 03/12/2018 12:33 PM, Tim Bell wrote:
Julia,

A basic summary of CERN does burn-in is at
http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.ch/2018/03/hardware-burn-in-in-cern-datacenter.html

Given that the burn in takes weeks to run, we'd see it as a different step to
cleaning (with some parts in common such as firmware upgrades to latest levels)

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Julia Kreger <juliaashleykre...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 22:10
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [ironic] PTG Summary

     Cleaning - Burn-in
As part of discussing cleaning changes, we discussed supporting a
     "burn-in" mode where hardware could be left to run load, memory, or
     other tests for a period of time. We did not have consensus on a
     generic solution, other than that this should likely involve
     clean-steps that we already have, and maybe another entry point into
     cleaning. Since we didn't really have consensus on use cases, we
     decided the logical thing was to write them down, and then go from
     there.
Action Items:
     * Community members to document varying burn-in use cases for
     hardware, as they may vary based upon industry.
     * Community to try and come up with a couple example clean-steps.