Hi Stephan

Comments inline for redirect action. Perhaps we may want to discuss each
section in different email threads.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Stephen Wong <s3w...@midokura.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     During Thursday's  group-policy meeting[1], there are several
> policy-rules related issues which we agreed should be posted on the
> mailing list to gather community comments / consensus. They are:
>

> (3) Prasad asked for clarification on 'redirect' action, I propose to
> add the following text to document regarding 'redirect' action:
>
>     "'redirect' action is used to mirror traffic to other destinations
> - destination can be another endpoint group, a service chain, a port,
> or a network. Note that 'redirect' action type can be used with other
> forwarding related action type such as 'security'; therefore, it is
> entirely possible that one can specify {'security':'deny'} and still
> do {'redirect':{'uuid-1', 'uuid-2'...}. Note that the destination
> specified on the list CANNOT be the endpoint-group who provides this
> policy. Also, in case of destination being another endpoint-group, the
> policy of this new destination endpoint-group will still be applied"
>
>     Please discuss.

a. In Neutron, I am not sure whether there is a way to get an object given
a UUID without knowing the type of the object, be it a port, network or a
specific type of Neutron service.

I am less likely to err if uuid is qualified by a type or some human
readable name.

b. Is chain definition (how you build a chain of services) within the scope
of Global policy BP? A chain may need to be more than an ordered list of
UUIDs. It needs be a graph with branches anywhere in the chain.  Each path
could be considered as a separate chain as well.

Thanks
Subra