On 4/23/2018 8:07 AM, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
Add versioned notifications for removing a member from a server group
The specless bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications
is pending approval as we would like to see the POC code first. Takashi
has been proposed the POC code https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559076/
so we have to look at it.

I took a look at the patch and am -1 for the new "up-call" introduced from the compute service when deleting a server. Overall I'm against this blueprint for three reasons:

1. I don't see what need we have for this blueprint since I'm not hearing a request from a user for it. Maybe it's just for parity with the server group member add notification? I don't think that is sufficient justification though.

2. The discussion in the blueprint whiteboard mentions that we don't need the remove member notification for rolling back on over-quota during server create.

3. The new up-call from nova-compute is a non-starter for me. We need to shrink the list of things that perform calls up from a child cell to the API database.

Matt