On 4/25/2018 10:34 AM, Sreeram Vancheeswaran wrote:
Thank you so much Matt for the detailed steps.  We are doing boot from image and are probably running into the issue mentioned in [2] in your email.

Hmm, OK, but that doesn't really make sense how you're going down this path [1] in the code because the API doesn't create a volume attachment record when booting from a volume where the source_type='image', so it should be going down the "legacy" attach flow where attachment_update is not called.

Do you have some proprietary code in place that might be causing some problems? Otherwise we need to figure out how this is failing because it could be an issue in Queens.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/0a642e2eee8d430ddcccf2947aedcca1a0a0b005/nova/virt/block_device.py#L597

Matt