On 12/16/2013 11:59 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
On 12/16/2013 11:45 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
1. Add a migration to change instances.uuid to non-nullable. Besides the
obvious con of having yet another migration script, this seems the most
straight-forward. The instance object class already defines the uuid
field as non-nullable, so it's constrained at the objects layer, just
not in the DB model.  Plus I don't think we'd ever have a case where
instance.uuid is null, right?  Seems like a lot of things would break
down if that happened.  With this option I can build on top of it for
the DB2 migration support to add the same FKs as the other engines.

Yeah, having instance.uuid nullable doesn't seem valuable to me, so this
seems OK.

+1

-jay