OK - got it :)

Jeremy Stanley <mailto:fu...@yuggoth.org>
April 30, 2018 at 12:29 PM
[...]

I was thrown by the fact that DNS currently has
trystack.openstack.org as a CNAME alias for trystack.org, but
reviewing logs on static.openstack.org it seems it may have
previously pointed there (was receiving traffic up until around
13:15 UTC today) so if you want to just glom that onto the current
trystack.org redirect that may make the most sense and we can move
forward tearing down the old infrastructure for it.
April 30, 2018 at 12:10 PM
Yeah... my only concern is that if traffic is actually getting there, a redirect to the same place trystack.org is going might be helpful.

April 30, 2018 at 12:02 PM
On 2018-04-30 11:07:27 -0500 (-0500), Jimmy McArthur wrote:
[...]
[...]

Since I don't think the trystack.o.o site ever found its way fully
into production, it may make more sense for us to simply delete the
records for it from DNS. Someone else probably knows more about the
prior state of it than I though.
April 30, 2018 at 11:07 AM

Jeremy Stanley <mailto:fu...@yuggoth.org>
April 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM
[...]

Yes, before the TryStack effort was closed down, there had been a
plan for trystack.org to redirect to a trystack.openstack.org site
hosted in the community infrastructure.
When we talked to trystack we agreed to redirect trystack.org to https://openstack.org/software/start since that presents alternative options for people to "try openstack". My suggestion would be to redirect trystack.openstack.org to the same spot, but certainly open to other suggestions :)
At this point I expect we
can just rip out the section for it from
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/modules/openstack_project/manifests/static.pp
as DNS appears to no longer be pointed there.
April 30, 2018 at 9:34 AM
I'm working on redirecting trystack.openstack.org to openstack.org/software/start. We have redirects in place for trystack.org, but didn't realize trystack.openstack.org as a thing as well.

April 30, 2018 at 9:23 AM
The code is hosted by openstack-infra[1], if somebody would like to propose a
patch with the new information.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/trystack-site

April 30, 2018 at 4:37 AM

Seems it would be great if https://trystack.openstack.org/ would be
updated with this information, according to comments in #openstack
users are still landing on that page and try to get a stack there in
vain.

March 26, 2018 at 5:51 PM
Hi everyone,

We recently made the tough decision, in conjunction with the dedicated volunteers that run TryStack, to end the service as of March 29, 2018. For those of you that used it, thank you for being part of the TryStack community.

The good news is that you can find more resources to try OpenStack at http://www.openstack.org/start, including the Passport Program <https://www.openstack.org/passport/>, where you can test on any participating public cloud. If you are looking to test different tools or application stacks with OpenStack clouds, you should check out Open Lab <https://openlabtesting.org/>.

Thank you very much to Will Foster, Kambiz Aghaiepour, Rich Bowen, and the many other volunteers who have managed this valuable service for the last several years! Your contribution to OpenStack was noticed and appreciated by many in the community.

Cheers,
Jimmy
April 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM
[...]

Yes, before the TryStack effort was closed down, there had been a
plan for trystack.org to redirect to a trystack.openstack.org site
hosted in the community infrastructure. At this point I expect we