On 5/16/18 2:17 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-05-16 11:31:30 +0200 (+0200), Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
[...]
I'm pretty sure though with broader containers adoption, openstack
infra will catch up eventually, so we all could benefit our
upstream CI jobs with affinity based and co-located data available
around for consequent build steps.

I still don't see what it has to do with containers. We've known

My understanding, I may be totally wrong, is that unlike to packages and repos (do not count OSTree [0]), containers use layers and can be exported into tarballs with built-in de-duplication. This makes idea of tossing those tarballs around much more attractive, than doing something similar to repositories with packages. Of course container images can be pre-built into nodepool images, just like packages, so CI users can rebuild on top with less changes brought into new layers, which is another nice to have option by the way.

[0] https://rpm-ostree.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

these were potentially useful features long before
container-oriented projects came into the picture. We simply focused
on implementing other, even more generally-applicable features
first.

Right, I think this only confirms that it *does* have something to containers, and priorities for containerized use cases will follow containers adoption trends. If everyone one day suddenly ask for nodepool images containing latest kolla containers injected, for example.

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
Irc #bogdando