On 8/31/2017 2:14 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

The change to deprecate the monkey_patch and monkey_patch_modules option was deprecated in Queens, so they wouldn't be removed until the Rocky release at the earliest. We don't backport changes which deprecate things.

My recommendation to you is upstream your changes. If it's a new feature, propose a blueprint [1].

Chances are someone else needs or wants the same thing, or is already doing something similar but without the monkey patch config options.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/contributor/blueprints.html

Following up on this, I have submitted a patch to remove the deprecated monkey_patch-related config options:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568880/

Matt