+openstack-operators

On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
On 5/31/2018 1:35 PM, melanie witt wrote:

This cycle at the PTG, we had decided to start making some progress toward removing nova-network [1] (thanks to those who have helped!) and so far, we've landed some patches to extract common network utilities from nova-network core functionality into separate utility modules. And we've started proposing removal of nova-network REST APIs [2].

At the cells v2 sync with operators forum session at the summit [3], we learned that CERN is in the middle of migrating from nova-network to neutron and that holding off on removal of nova-network core functionality until Stein would help them out a lot to have a safety net as they continue progressing through the migration.

If we recall correctly, they did say that removal of the nova-network REST APIs would not impact their migration and Surya Seetharaman is double-checking about that and will get back to us. If so, we were thinking we can go ahead and work on nova-network REST API removals this cycle to make some progress while holding off on removing the core functionality of nova-network until Stein.

I wanted to send this to the ML to let everyone know what we were thinking about this and to receive any additional feedback folks might have about this plan.

Thanks,
-melanie

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-rocky L301
[2] https://review.openstack.org/567682
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR18-cellsv2-migration-sync-with-operators L30

As a reminder, this is the etherpad I started to document the nova-net specific compute REST APIs which are candidates for removal:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-network-removal-rocky

Matt