The proposed undercloud installation jobs dependency [0] worked, see the jobs start time [1], [2] confirms that. The resulting delay for the full pipeline is an ~80 minutes, as it was expected. So PTAL folks, I propose to try it out in real gating and see how the tripleo zuul queue gets relieved.

The remaining patch [1] adding a dependency on tox/linting didn't work, I'll need some help please to figure out why.

Thank you Tristan and James and y'all folks for helping!

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568536/
[1] http://logs.openstack.org/36/568536/6/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-containers/cfebec0/ara-report/ [2] http://logs.openstack.org/36/568536/6/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode/1a211bb/ara-report/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568543/

Perhaps this has something to do with jobs evaluation order, it may be
worth trying to add the dependencies list in the project-templates, like
it is done here for example:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/zuul.d/projects.yaml#n9799

It also easier to read dependencies from pipelines definition imo.

-Tristan

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,