Hi,

Here is the latest notification subteam update.

Bugs
----

[Medium] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739325 Server operations fail to complete with versioned notifications if payload contains unset non-nullable fields This is also visible in tssurya's environment. I'm wondering if we can implement a nova-manage heal-instance-flavor command for these environment as I'm not sure I will be able to find the root cause why the disable field is missing from these flavors.

No update on other bugs and we have no new bugs tagged with notifications.

Features
--------

Sending full traceback in versioned notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications
We are iterating with Kevin on the implementation and sample test in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564092/ .

Add notification support for trusted_certs
This is part of the bp nova-validate-certificates implementation series
to extend some of the instance notifications.
I'm +2 on the notification impact in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/563269 waiting for the rest of the
series to merge.

Introduce Pending VM state
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554212 still not exactly define what will be in the select_destination notification payload.

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance action to the notification
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
We are iterating on the implementation in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536243

No progress:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Versioned notification transformation
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-rocky+status:open
* Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances

Blocked:
~~~~~~~~
* Add versioned notifications for removing a member from a server group
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-server-group-remove-member-notifications

Weekly meeting
We skip the meeting this week (week 24). The next meeting will be held on 19th of June on #openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180619T170000

Cheers,
gibi