Dear Neutron Community,

As we are all aware, over the past few cycles we have been re-homing from
Neutron to neutron-lib all the common functionality that is shared with the
OpenStack Networking family of projects. In a nutshell, the process is the
following:

   1. Shared functionality is identified in the Neutron code-base and it is
   re-homed in neutron-lib
   2. Patches are submitted to the OpenStack Networking projects with
   stable branches, to consume the newly re-homed functionality from
   neutron-lib. It is important to mention here that all that is required from
   these projects is to review and merge the patches. Boden Russel takes care
   of creating, submitting and amending these patches until they merge
   3. Once all the stable branches projects merge the corresponding
   consumption patch, the shared functionality is removed from Neutron

Lately, we have found that some projects are not merging consumption
patches, either for lack of review and / or gate issues. This prevents the
team from being able to remove re-homed functionality from Neutron. To be
able to continue making progress in the neutron-lib effort, going forward
we are going to adopt the following policy:

   1. Projects will have two weeks to review and merge neutron-lib
   consumption patches
   2. Boden will stop submitting consumption patches that fail the previous
   point. The corresponding functionality will be removed from Neutron. At
   that point, it will be the responsibility of the project in question to
   catch up with the consumption of functionality from neutron-lib

Thanks for your cooperation

Best regards

Miguel