On 7/18/2018 5:58 PM, w...@seanmooney.info wrote:
general update.
i spent some time this afternoon debuging matt's regression test
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583339
and it now works as intended with the addtion of disableing the late
check on the compute node in the regression test to mimic devstack.

Sean, thank you again for figuring out the issue in the regression test, that helps a ton in asserting the fix (and it also showed I was missing a couple of things in the fix when I rebased on top of the test).

matt has rebasedhttps://review.openstack.org/#/c/583347  ontop of
the regression test and its currently in the ci queue.
hopefully that will pass soon.

while the chage is less then ideal it is backportable downstream if
needed where as the wider change would not be easily so that is a
plus in the short term.

We don't have to backport this fix, it was a regression introduced in Rocky, so that's a good thing. But agree we can do more cleanups in Stein if we want to change how we handle RequestSpec.num_instances so it's not persisted and set per operation (or just not used at all in scheduling since we don't really need it anymore).

Matt