Because we're waiting for the volume to become available before we
continue with the test [1], its tag still being present means Nova's
not cleaning up the device tags on volume detach. This is most likely
a bug. I'll look into it.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/api/compute/servers/test_device_tagging.py#L378

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Slawomir Kaplonski <skapl...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since some time we see that test
> tempest.api.compute.servers.test_device_tagging.TaggedAttachmentsTest.test_tagged_attachment
>  is failing sometimes.
> Bug about that is reported for Tempest currently [1] but after small patch
> [2] was merged I was today able to check what cause this issue.
>
> Test which is failing is in [3] and it looks that everything is going fine
> with it up to last line of test. So volume and port are created, attached,
> tags are set properly, both devices are detached properly also and at the end
> test is failing as in http://169.254.169.254/openstack/latest/meta_data.json
> still has some device inside.
> And it looks now from [4] that it is volume which isn’t removed from this
> meta_data.json.
> So I think that it would be good if people from Nova and Cinder teams could
> look at it and try to figure out what is going on there and how it can be
> fixed.
>
> Thanks in advance for help.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1775947
> [3]
> https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/api/compute/servers/test_device_tagging.py#L330
> [4]
> http://logs.openstack.org/69/567369/15/check/tempest-full/528bc75/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-07-19_10_06_09_273919
>
> —
> Slawek Kaplonski
> Senior software engineer
> Red Hat

Artom Lifshitz
Software Engineer, OpenStack Compute DFG