Hello,

Few days back, Alex initiated the conversation about sharing ansible
roles [1] across different projects. It is a nice idea and it brings a
lot of collaboration
among different projects with in OpenStack Community.

Since Tempest provides the Integration test suite for validating any
deployed OpenStack cloud. We uses ansible roles for
installing/configuring/running Tempest
starting from DevStack Tempest Zuul based CI jobs to TripleO,
OpenStack-ansible spanning to kolla-ansible projects.

Across all these deployments tools have their own roles for
installing/configuring/running Tempest but doing similar tasks.
I think it's a good opportunity for us to collaborate towards creating
an unified ansible role in openstack-ansible project by re-using and
modifying the stuff
and then aggregating into openstack-ansible-os_tempest [2] project.

I have summarized the problem statement and requirements on this etherpad [3].
Feel free to add your requirements and questions for the same on the
etherpad so that we can shape the unified ansible role in a better
way.

Links:
1. http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133119.html
2. https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest