On 23.08.2018 23:27, melanie witt wrote:

So, I think we could add something to the launchpad bug template to link to a doc that explains
tips about reporting VMware related bugs. I suggest linking to a doc because the bug template
is already really long and looks like it would be best to have something short, like, "For
tips on reporting VMware virt driver bugs, see this doc: <link>" and provide a link
to, for example, a openstack wiki about the VMware virt driver (is there one?). The question
is, where can we put the doc? Wiki? Or maybe here at the bottom [1]? Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on PTO last week.  I have posted a patch which adds a
"Troubleshooting" section to the VMware documentation in Nova:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/597446

If this is OK then we can add a link to this particular paragraph in the bug
template.

Thanks,
Rado