This topic has surfaced intermittently ever since keystone implemented
fernet tokens in Kilo. An initial idea was written down shortly afterwords
[0], then we targeted it to Ocata [1], and removed from the backlog around
the Pike timeframe [2]. The commit message of [2] includes meeting links.
The discussion usually tripped attempting to abstract enough of the details
about rotation and setup of keys to work in all cases.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311268/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/363065/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439194/