Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> writes:

> Earlier today a bad version of twine (1.12.0) caused issues with many of
> the release jobs that were trying to publish artifacts to
> pypi.python.org. I didn't notice those failures until after all of the
> releases had been processed, unfortunately, which left us with quite a
> few broken releases to try to recover from.
>
> After working out the cause of the problem, and finding that in fact
> some, but not all, of the release artifacts were published, we started
> making a list of the manual recovery steps we would have to take. And
> that list was really really long.
>
> So, instead of doing all of that, we're going to re-tag the releases,
> using new version numbers, to produce good artifacts. I have prepared
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604875/ to do this.
>
> I will also run some tests to ensure the publishing works before
> approving those re-releases.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> Doug

We've had a few release requests come in since this email, so I want to
make sure everyone understands that we're going to wait to sort out the
issues we already have before releasing anything else. The test release
is waiting in the check queue still, so it's likely to be a while before
we know for sure that things are working.

Doug