On 2018-10-05 07:20:01 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> So, I think this all means we can leave the setup.cfg files as
> they are and not worry about updating the wheel format flag.

I continue to agree that, because of the reasons you state, it is
not urgent to update setup.cfg (either to start supporting universal
wheels or to follow the deprecation/transition on the section name
in the latest wheel release), at least for projects relying on the
OpenStack-specific release jobs. It is still technically more
correct and I don't think we should forbid individual teams from
also updating the setup.cfg files in their repositories should they
choose to do so. That's all I've been trying to say.
--
Jeremy Stanley