Hi,I would like to start a discussion about some changes and additions I would like to see in in kolla and kolla-ansible.
1. Keepalived is a problem in layer3 spine leaf networks as any floating IP can only exist in one leaf (and VRRP is a problem in layer3). I would like to use consul and registrar to get rid of the "internal" floating IP and use consuls DNS service discovery to connect all services with each other.
2. Using "ports" for external API (endpoint) access is a major headache if a firewall is involved. I would like to configure the HAProxy (or fabio) for the external access to use "Host:" like, eg. "Host: keystone.somedomain.tld", "Host: nova.somedomain.tld", ... with HTTPS. Any customer would just need HTTPS access and not have to open all those ports in his firewall. For some enterprise customers it is not possible to request FW changes like that.
3. HAProxy is not capable to handle "read/write" split with Galera. I would like to introduce ProxySQL to be able to scale Galera.
4. HAProxy is fine but fabio integrates well with consul, statsd and could be connected to a vault cluster to manage secure certificate access.
5. I would like to add vault as Barbican backend.6. I would like to add an option to enable tokenless authentication for all services with each other to get rid of all the openstack service passwords (security issue).
What do you think about it? All the best, Florian
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
__________________________________________________________________________ OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) Unsubscribe: openstack-dev-requ...@lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev