Hello OSA/TripleO people,

A plan/checklist was put in place at the Stein PTG for extracting placement from nova [1]. The first item in that list is done in grenade [2], which is the devstack-based upgrade project in the integrated gate. That should serve as a template for the necessary upgrade steps in deployment projects. The related devstack change for extracted placement on the master branch (Stein) is [3]. Note that change has some dependencies.

The second point in the plan from the PTG was getting extracted placement upgrade tooling support in a deployment project, notably TripleO (and/or OpenStackAnsible).

Given the grenade change is done and passing tests, TripleO/OSA should be able to start coding up and testing an upgrade step when going from Rocky to Stein. My question is who can we name as an owner in either project to start this work? Because we really need to be starting this as soon as possible to flush out any issues before they are too late to correct in Stein.

So if we have volunteers or better yet potential patches that I'm just not aware of, please speak up here so we know who to contact about status updates and if there are any questions with the upgrade.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/134541.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604454/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/600162/

Matt