On 11/8/2018 5:30 AM, Rambo wrote:

 When I resize the instance, the compute node report that "libvirtError: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2018-11-08T09:42:04.695681Z qemu-kvm: cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram': Cannot allocate memory".Has anyone seen this situation?And the ram_allocation_ratio is set 3 in nova.conf.The total memory is 125G.When I use the "nova hypervisor-show server" command to show the compute node's free_ram_mb is -45G.If it is the result of excessive use of memory?
Can you give me some suggestions about this?Thank you very much.

I suspect that you simply don't have any available memory on that system.

What is your kernel overcommit setting on the host? If /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory is set to 2, then try either changing the overcommit ratio or setting it to 1 to see if that makes a difference.

Chris