On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:39 PM Matt Riedemann <mriede...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/2018 3:17 AM, melanie witt wrote:
> > - Not directly related to the session, but CERN (hallway track) and
> > NeCTAR (dev ML) have both given feedback and asked that the
> > policy-driven idea for handling quota for down cells be avoided. Revived
> > the "propose counting quota in placement" spec to see if there's any
> way
> > forward here
>
> Should this be abandoned then?
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/614783/
>
> Since there is no microversion impact to that change, it could be added
> separately as a bug fix for the down cell case if other operators want
> that functionality. But maybe we don't know what other operators want
> since no one else is at multi-cell cells v2 yet.

I thought the policy check was needed until the "propose counting quota in
placement"
has been implemented as a workaround and that is what the "handling down
cell" spec also proposed,
unless the former spec would be implemented within this cycle in which case
we do not need the
policy check.

--

Regards,