On 1/6/2014 8:55 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
On 01/06/2014 09:33 PM, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
I am suffering from bug 1266513, when trying to work on nova.  For
example, on MacOS 10.8.5, I clone nova and then (following the
instructions at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DependsOnOSX) run `cd
nova; python tools/install_venv.py`.  It fails due to PyPI lacking a
sufficiently advanced netaddr.  So I applied patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65019/to my nova/tox.ini, delete my
nova/.venv, and try again.  It fails again, in just the same way
(including the message "Some externally hosted files were ignored (use
--allow-external to allow)").  Why is this patch not solving my problem?

Because it only fixes it for tox.

tox -epy27

run_tests.sh and install_venv need a whole other set of fixes that need
to go through oslo.

     -Sean

This [1] is the fix for oslo-incubator and run_tests.sh which will be synced to nova later.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65151/

Matt Riedemann