On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Sergey Skripnick <sskripn...@mirantis.com> wrote:

I appreciate that we want to fix the ssh client. I'm not certain that writing our own is the >>>best >answer.

I was supposed to fix oslo.processutils.ssh with this class, but it may

be fixed without it, not big deal.

In his comments on your pull request, the paramiko author recommended looking at Fabric. I know >>>that >Fabric has a long history in production. Does it provide the required features?

Fabric is too much for just command execution on remote server. Spur seems like

good choice for this.

But I still don't understand: why do we need oslo.processutils.execute? We can use

subprocess module. Why do we need oslo.processutils.ssh_execute? We can use paramiko

instead.

Well, as you've shown, having a wrapper around subprocess to deal with the I/O properly is useful, >especially commands that produce a lot of it. :-)

As far as ssh_execute goes, I don't know the origin but I imagine the author didn't know about >paramiko.

Doug

ssh_execute is using paramiko :)

--
Regards,