Hi, Devananda

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Devananda van der Veen <
devananda....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Alexander Gordeev
> <agord...@mirantis.com>wrote:
>

>>    - Secondly, virsh has some performance issues if you deal with >30
>>    VMs (it is not our case for now but who knows).
>>
>> This is a reason why you want to use python libvirt api instead of virsh
> CLI, correct? I don't see a problem, but I will defer to the tempest devs
> on whether that's OK.

Yes, that's correct. In short, using of python API binding makes possible
to execute all operations inside just one opened libvirt connection. Virsh
CLI opens new connection every time when you call it. Every new connection
produces a fork of libvirt daemon. When you're going to spawn/create/modify
few dozens of VMs in short period of time this performance issue becomes
very noticeable.