On Jan 15, 2014, at 7:36 PM, Wangshen (Peter) <pete...@huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
> We are interesting in vcpu-memory-hotplug under this link:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vcpu-memory-hotplug
> And we have already finished vcpu hotplug and done the basic tests.
>
> But this blueprint seems not be reviewed for almost half year.
> We think this feature is important and useful, can we accelerate the progress
> of this blueprint?
> If not, could someone tell me the reason.

Can you provide more information on how this is implemented? Support in kvm
seems spotty and there are likely guests that don’t support it all. The memory
hotplug idea doesn’t even seem to exist.

Note that you need to set a milestone before it will be put in the queue to be
reviewed.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprints#Blueprint_Review_Criteria

In this particular case I think there needs to be a lot more information about
the plan for implementation before I would think it is valuable to spend time
on this feature.

Vish