Hi,

I haven’t read through those (need to go spend time with family so replying
quickly) but given the dates the planning phases for Quantum/Neutron LBaaS and
Libra LBaaS were at the same time.

There was an internal evaluation of the current LBaaS solutions done at the
time and it was believed by the people evaluating that Atlas was a good place
to start.  I came in just as that evaluation had finished (late August 2012)
and the decision was pretty much made.  In retrospect I may have personally
gone the Mirantis LBaaS as a starting point.  But either way there were some
good starting places.

Libra was initially a few trees so history is hard to track, but we had
something in production by December that year.

pretty small) and that should help us have more engineers to work with the
Neutron team.  The current goal is to get 5.x out of the door which adds things
like metering/billing support and then planning how we can integrate well with
Neutron.  I believe the Libra team have a few diagrams flying around on a
mutually beneficial way of doing that.

Kind Regards
Andrew