From: Clint Byrum [cl...@fewbar.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:36 PM
To: openstack-dev
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [TripleO] our update story: can people live
with it?

Excerpts from Fox, Kevin M's message of 2014-01-22 12:19:56 -0800:
> I think most of the time taken to reboot is spent in bringing down/up the
> services though, so I'm not sure what it really buys you if you do it all. It
> may let you skip the crazy long bootup time on "enterprise" hardware, but
> that could be worked around with kexec on the full reboot method too.

If we could get kexec reliable.. but I have no evidence that it is
anything but a complete flake.

What it saves you is losing running processes that you don't end up
killing, which is expensive on many types of services.. Nova Compute
being a notable example.