Hi, Stackers.

The deadline for icehouse comes really quickly and I understand that there
are a lot of work todo, but I would like get your attention about my
blueprint for configurable locked vm api.

 - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/configurable-locked-vm-api

So far, developer places the decoration(@check_instance_lock) in the
function's declaration,
for example)
    @wrap_check_policy
    @check_instance_lock
    @check_instance_cell
    @check_instance_state(vm_state=None, task_state=None,
                          must_have_launched=False)
    def delete(self, context, instance):
        """Terminate an instance."""
        LOG.debug(_("Going to try to terminate instance"),
instance=instance)
        self._delete_instance(context, instance)

So good, but when administrator want to change API policy for locked vm,
admin must modify source code, and restart.

I suggest nova api do check api list for locked vm using config file like
policy.json. It just modify a config file, not a code
and don't need to service restart.

Can you take a small amount of time to approve a blueprint for icehouse-3?

Thanks.