Sean Dague wrote:
> First, very cool!

Thanks.

> This is very promising work. It might be really interesting to figure
> out if there was a smaller project inside of OpenStack that could be
> test ported over to this (even as a stackforge project), and something
> we could run in the gate.

Oslo Messaging is a small project, but it's more a library. For a full daemon,
my colleague Mehdi Abaakouk has a proof-on-concept for Ceilometer replacing
eventlet with asyncio. Mehdi told me that he doesn't like to debug eventlet
race conditions :-)

> Our experience is the OpenStack CI system catches bugs in libraries and
> underlying components that no one else catches, and definitely getting
> something running workloads hard on this might be helpful in maturing
> Trollius. Basically coevolve it with a piece of OpenStack to know that
> it can actually work on OpenStack and be a viable path forward.

Replacing eventlet with asyncio is a huge change. I don't want to force users
to use it right now, nor to do the change in one huge commit. The change will
be done step by step, and when possible, optional. For example, in Olso
Messaging, you can choose the executor: eventlet or blocking (and I want to add
asyncio).

Victor