Le 11/02/2014 16:09, Chris Friesen a écrit :

Yes. So what I'm suggesting is that we schedule the two VMs as one call to the SolverScheduler. The scheduler then gets reservations for the necessary resources and returns them to the caller. This would be sort of like the existing Claim object in nova/compute/claims.py but generalized somewhat to other resources as well.

The caller could then boot each instance separately (passing the appropriate reservation/claim along with the boot request). Because the caller has a reservation the core code would know it doesn't need to schedule or allocate resources, that's already been done.

The advantage of this is that the scheduling and resource allocation is done separately from the instantiation. The instantiation API could remain basically as-is except for supporting an optional reservation token.

I think you really need to look at what Climate is, but I don't want to be boring...

Climate can provide you some way for doing the reservation, and possibly you would only need to write a plugin for such a request.

-Sylvain