On 02/28/2014 04:22 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

On 2/26/2014 11:34 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
On 02/26/2014 11:24 AM, David Ripton wrote:
I'd like to release a new version of sqlalchemy-migrate in the next
couple of days.  The only major new feature is DB2 support.  If anyone
thinks this is a bad time, please let me know.

So it would be nice if someone could actually work through the 0.9 sqla
support, because I think it's basically just a change in quoting
behavior that's left (mostly where quoting gets called) -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66156/

Thomas Goirand has a bunch of new reviews up in this area. Hopefully we can release a sqlalchemy-migrate 0.9 with support for sqlalchemy-0.9 soon.

Looks like the 0.8.3 tag is up so it's just a matter of time before it
shows up on pypi?

https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate.git;a=commit;h=21fcdad0f485437d010e5743626c63ab3acdaec5

I pushed a non-signed 0.8.3 tag, and the release machinery only cares about signed tags. Oops.

Anyway, I then pushed a signed 0.8.4 tag, and the new release failed tests because of an unconditional import of ibm_db_sa, a module which did not exist on the test machines. (It was mentioned in test-requirements.txt, but devstack / devstack-gate don't actually use that file.)

So we did a 0.8.5 release without DB2 support, so that the latest/default version of sqlalchemy-migrate would work again.

There are patches in progress to fix the DB2 support and to add a tempest job for sqlalchemy-migrate so we're more likely to notice problems before doing a release. When that work is all done, we can release 0.8.6. (Or maybe skip 0.8.6 and just release 0.9, if the sqlalchemy 0.9 compatibility work is all done by then.)

--
David Ripton   Red Hat   drip...@redhat.com