Hi,

I was just testing the current icehouse code and came across some behaviour that looked suspicious.

I have two nodes, an all-in-one and a compute node. I was not using shared instance storage.

I created a volume from an image and then booted an instance from the volume. Once the image was up and running I tried to do a "nova live-migration <instance>" and got the following error:

cfriesen@controller:/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute$ nova live-migration fromvol ERROR: controller is not on shared storage: Live migration can not be used without shared storage. (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-0d8da5e4-b0ec-401d-be95-d9c4f9f7e062)

Shouldn't booting from volume count as a form of shared storage?

Chris