On 12/03/14 02:09 +0000, Hiroyuki Eguchi wrote:
I'm envisioning a mongodb notification driver.

Currently, For troubleshooting, I'm using a log driver of notification, and
sent notification log to rsyslog server, and store log in database using
rsyslog-mysql package.

I would like to make it more simple, So I came up with this feature.

Ceilometer can manage notifications using mongodb, but Ceilometer should have
the role of Metering, not Troubleshooting.

If you have any comments or suggestion, please let me know.
And please let me know if there's any discussion about this.

TBH, I'm not sure I understand what the Ceilometer use-case you're
talking about is. However, I'd prefer to keep the number of
notification drivers that live in oslo.messaging's code base
restricted to a set of essential drivers.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more the use-case?

FWIW. It's possible to implement a notification driver and let it live
outside oslo.messaging's code base. You just need to register and
end_point and use that as notification driver (and obviously implement
the driver). The `Driver` base class is currently marked as private,
that could probably be changed.

Flavio.

--
@flaper87