On 03/12/2014 05:00 AM, Adam Nelson wrote:
I see that horizon doesn't use Travis CI

Is that a political decision?

No. It's a technical one. I'm not sure if you know, but OpenStack runs a pretty massive and amazing CI system.

If not, would there be resistance to adding a minimal .travis.yml file
to horizon/master so that other people can use travis for their public
horizon repos?  Travis requires the file to exist on all branches for
historical reasons.

Yes. There would be resistance. We don't use Travis.

This wouldn't oblige the use of Travis but it would make it easier for
me since we're actively developing on a public fork and use Travis.

I suggest doing your development directly on horizon rather than on a fork. If you do, you'll get the benefit of our CI and project gating infrastructure, as well as the ability to collaborate with a bunch of really awesome developers.

We're a really open project and love contributions. We're also pretty against things that incentivize people not contributing back.

--
Kili - Cloud for Africa: kili.io <http://kili.io/>
Musings: twitter.com/varud <https://twitter.com/varud>