On 18/03/14 07:39 +0530, Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Adrian Otto <adrian.o...@rackspace.com> wrote:
Doug Hellmann and Victror Stinner (+ oslo cores),

Solum currently depends on a py33 gate. We want to use oslo.messaging, but are
worried that in the current state, we will be stuck without py33 support. We
hope that by adding the Trollius code[1], and getting a new release number,
that we can add the oslo.messaging library to our requirements and proceed with
our async messaging plan.

I am seeking guidance from you on when the above might happen. If it's a short
time, we may just wait for it. If it's a long time, we may need to relax our
py33 gate to non-voting in order to prevent breakage of our Stackforge CI while
we work with the oslo.messaging code. We are also considering doing an ugly
workaround of creating a bunch of worker processes on the same messaging topic
until we can clear this concern.

Thoughts?

I think we should not make python33 gate non-voting as we will miss
out issues related others. We can toggle the oslo.messaging related
tests to not run in python33.

Even if we disable our tests, we can't even add oslo.messaging to
our requirements.txt as it can't even be installed.

The only practical solution I can see is to make py33 non-voting until
oslo.messaging
can handle py33.

-Angus

Regards,