Yes, the api_schema files should theoretically be a
subsets of the negative test schemas.
But I don't think that extending them will be possible:

if you have a property definition like this:

        "properties": {
            "minRam": {  "type": "integer",}

how can you extend it to:

        "properties": {
            "minRam": {
                "type": "integer",
                "results": {
                    "gen_none": 400,
                    "gen_string": 400
                }

This is the reason why I am unsure how inheritance can solve something here.