Georgy,

In consideration of the "can you express it" instead of the "who will generate
it," I see Heat's HOT evolving to support the expression of complex multi-tier
architectures and applications (I would argue you can already do this today,
perhaps with some additional features desired, e.g. Ability to define cloud
workflows and workflow execution rules which could come when we have a workflow
service like Mistral).  Therefore, I would encourage Murano contributors to
consider whether they can help make Heat sufficiently cover desired use cases.
I have never viewed Heat templates as isolated components of a multi-tier
architecture.  Instead, a single template or a combination of
master/subordinate templates together (using references, nesting, or inclusion)
could express the complete architecture, both infrastructure and applications.

If I've read your previous comments and threads correctly, you desire a way to
express System Lifecycle Management across multiple related applications or
components, whereby you view the System as a grouping of independently
developed and/or deployed (but systematically related) "components," whereby
you view Components as individual disconnected Heat templates that
independently describe different application stacks of the System.  Did I get
that correct?   If so, perhaps the discussion here is one of "scope" of what
can or should be expressed in a Heat template. Is it correct to state that your
argument is that a separate system (such as Murano) should be used to express
System Lifecycle Management as I've defined it here?  If so, why could we not
use the Heat DSL to also define the System?  The System definition could be
logically separated out into its own text file... But, we'd have a common DSL
syntax and semantics for both lower level and higher level component
interaction (a building block effect of sorts).

As for "who will generate it," ( with "it" being the Heat multi-tier
application/infrastructure definition) I think that question will go through a
lot more evolution and could be any number of sources: e.g. Solum, Murano,
Horizon, Template Author with a text editor, etc.

Basically, I'm a +1 for as few DSLs as possible. I support the position that we
should evolve HOT if needed vs. having two separate DSLs that are both related
to expressing application and infrastructure semantics.

Workflow is quite interesting ... Should we be able to express imperative
workflow semantics in HOT?  Or, should we only be able to declare workflow
configurations that get configured in a service like Mistral whereby Mistral's
execution of a workflow may need to invoke Heat hooks or Stack Updates?  Or,
some other solution?

I look forward to a design discussion on all this at the summit... This is fun
stuff to think about!

-Keith