On 03/19/2014 02:24 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
Can someone please give more detail into why MongoDB being AGPL is a
problem? The drivers that Marconi uses are Apache2 licensed, MongoDB is
separated by the network stack and MongoDB is not exposed to the Marconi
users so I don't think the 'A' part of the GPL really kicks in at all
since the MongoDB "user" is the cloud provider, not the cloud end user?

Even if MongoDB was exposed to end-users, would that be a problem?

Obviously the source to MongoDB would need to be made available (presumably it already is) but does the AGPL licence "contaminate" the Marconi stuff? I would have thought that would fall under "mere aggregation".

Chris