On 3/25/2014 1:50 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:
This would argue to me that the easiest thing for Ceilometer might be
to query us for IPMI stats, if the credential store is pluggable.
"Fetch these bare metal statistics" doesn't seem too off-course for
Ironic to me. The alternative is that Ceilometer and Ironic would both
have to be configured for the same pluggable credential store.

There is already a blueprint with a proposed patch here for Ironic to do the querying: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ironic/+spec/send-data-to-ceilometer.

I think, for terms of credential storage (and, for that matter, metrics gathering as I noted in that blueprint), it's very useful to have things pluggable. Ironic, in particular, has many different use cases: bare metal private cloud, bare metal public cloud, and triple-o. I could easily see all three being different enough to call for different forms of credential storage.

-Jay Faulkner