+1 on talking to lawyers.

Some more context: JSHint is a fork of JSLint, from which the problem license
originates. The
team has made a significant effort to strip out and replace JSLint code,
however there remains
one file which they haven’t tackled yet. There’s a large discussion here,
including a statement
where the author of the original license calls it “ineffective”.

https://github.com/jshint/jshint/issues/1234

Michael