On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 15:02 +0000, Cazzolato, Sergio J wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I’d like to know your thoughts regarding Quota Management… I’ve been
> contributing to this topic for icehouse and noticed some issues and
> discussions around its implementation like code is duplicated, synch
> problems with database, not having an homogeneous logic, etc… so I was
> thinking that maybe a centralized implementation could be a solution
> for this… As far as I know there was a discussion during the last
> summit and the decision was to use Keystone for a Centralized Quota
> Management solution but I don’t have the details on that discussion…
> Also I was looking at Boson (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Boson)
> that seems to be a nice solution for this and also addresses the
> scenario where Nova is deployed in a multi-cell manner and some other
> interesting things.

Boson does indeed look interesting, but who is working on it, if anyone
at this point? I agree that having a centralized quota management system
makes sense, in order to make the handling of quotas and reservations
consistent across projects as well as to deal with global quota
management properly (i.e. quotas that span multiple cells/AZs)

Best,
-jay