>> Well, it seems to me that the problem is the above blueprint and the code it
>> introduced. This is an anti-feature IMO, and probably the best solution
>> would be to remove the above code and go back to having a single >>
>> nova-compute managing a single vCenter cluster, not multiple ones.

Problem is not introduced by managing multiple clusters from single
nova-compute proxy node.  Internally this proxy driver is still presenting the
"compute-node" for each of the cluster its managing.    What we need to think
about is applicability of the live migration use case when a "cluster" is
modelled as a compute.   Since the "cluster" is modelled as a compute, it is
assumed that a typical use case of live-move is taken care by the underlying
"cluster" itself.       With this there are other use cases which are no-op
today like host maintenance mode, live move, setting instance affinity etc.,
 In order to resolve this I was thinking of
"A way to expose operations on individual ESX Hosts like Putting host in
maintenance mode,  live move, instance affinity etc., by introducing Parent -
Child compute node concept.   Scheduling can be restricted to Parent compute
node and Child compute node can be used for providing more drill down on
compute and also enable additional compute operations".    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Divakar